has extensive experience providing consulting and management services to special districts located throughout Florida. Our firm provides services at every stage of a district’s life from establishment to full development. We offer Financial Advisory Services and District Management Services (including Administrative Services, Accounting, Minutes and Public Records Services, and Lien Book & Tax Roll Services.) to over 70 CDDs throughout the state of Florida.
SOUTHERN GROVE COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT DISTRICT 3
Est. 2007; Located in St. Lucie County, Florida
Note: Under Florida law, email addresses are public records. If you do not want your email address released in response to a public records request, do not send electronic mail to this entity. Instead, contact this office by phone or in writing.
The Southern Grove Community Development District No’s. 1-6 (“Districts”) are independent special districts, created pursuant to and existing under the provisions of Chapter 190, Florida Statutes, and established by Ordinance No’s 07-33 through 07-38 by the City Council of the City of Port St. Lucie, St. Lucie County, Florida on April 9, 2007 and amended Ordinance No. 09-68 enacted August 24, 2009. The Districts include within their boundaries approximately 3,605 acres of land located in the City of Port St. Lucie, St. Lucie County, west of Interstate 95 and south of Gatlin Boulevard.
The Districts are part of a master-planned, mixed-use community. The development plans include: 4,921 single-family homes; 1,185 multi-family homes; 600 apartment units; 2,164,292 square feet of commercial space; 2,073,237 square feet of office space; 1,999,405 square feet of industrial space; 500 hotel rooms, and 300 hospital beds.
Florida Law requires that the District publish an annual meeting schedule for the fiscal year one time in a newspaper of general circulation in St. Lucie County. Staff also works with other communication providers in the community to post dates and times of meetings for the public’s information. The Board may decide to cancel or reschedule any of its meetings, or add meetings or workshops as items of business dictate. These new meetings will be advertised in the newspaper at least seven (7) days in advance, and agendas are available on the website a week prior to the meeting.
- Attend, record and conduct all regularly scheduled Board of Supervisors Meetings including landowners meetings.
- Presentation of District’s annual budget in accordance with Chapter 190, Florida Statutes.
- Ensure District is in compliance with administrative and financial reporting for Community Development Districts.
- Correspond and communicate with Board of Supervisors and Staff to respond to the various needs of the District and Community.
- Review and approve agenda’s for circulation to the Board of Supervisors.
- Review and approve annual budget, annual audit, monthly disbursements.
- Review annual insurance policy to ensure District maintains proper insurance coverage.
For information regarding this District, please contact the District Manager
Angela Shepherd District Manager